Friday, May 28, 2010

Gary Coleman ... Much more than "Whachoo talkin' about, Willis"W


What a tragic life.


Personally, I liked Gary Coleman. I first knew him back in the days of his hit TV series Diff’rent Strokes. There were issues even then, all well documented publicly … health scares, health challenges, followed later by battles with his parents over control over money he had earned from that very success and very long running series that defined not only his career, but the rest of his life.


I am deeply sadden by the news today of Gary’s death at the age of 42. Only 42.


The legitimate new services will provide coverage of those details today and in the days ahead that is better left in their hands.


I prefer to remember Gary as he was in 1993, when I interviewed him for our Beverly Hills coffee shop chat show. He was unusually at ease talking about his life, both where he had come from, how he got there, his perspective on it all, and the challenges ahead – many never conquered.


My interview with Gary is a part of the RerunIt.com collection. It hasn’t yet been added to the viewing-on-demand library on the site, but we have been editing the various segments in preparation for the interview’s uploading in our next batch of segments to be added.


With the events of the day, I feel it important to rush the process a bit so that I can share with you some of the special moments from that interview.


Here is a brief clip below. There are eight minutes of clips that have just been uploaded to YouTube that are now available for viewing.


BL

No comments: